Tuesday 4 March 2014

Boundless - Cynthia Hand

This is the final book in the trilogy so don't spoil books one and two for yourself.  I would read them if I were you.  'Unearthly' and 'Hallowed' are amazing.

A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book

Clara and Christian are of to Stanford with Angela to accompany her on her journey to her purpose.  But Clara has bigger problems, like the Black Wing that keeps showing up.  With the help of Christian, Clara sets out to find her brother, help Angela in her purpose and work out her own destiny.  But can she learn to live with the fact that she'll never have a future with the thing she wants most - Tucker?


My Review

I think this will be a rather short review because I don't have anything to say that I haven't said before.  Like 'Unearthly' and 'Hallowed' before it, 'Boundless' blew me away with how much I enjoyed it.  I fell straight back in effortlessly even though it'd been six months since I read 'Hallowed'.   I remembered who everyone was without much prompting at all, it was amazing!

I am so pleased that at last there's a final in a trilogy that hasn't dissapointed me in some way or another.  'Boundless' delivered everything I wanted and more.  I cannot believe that Cynthia Hand doesn't have more fans!  She's awesome!

The plot took turns I was expecting and needed and also took me places I'd never even thought I'd go and that was a gift.  It was the perfect mix of surprise and acceptance as I strolled around the world with Clara and Christian.

While I'm on Christian and Clara, I must say how much I loved them.  They were perfect.  Faulted and real.  And Clara's wit was just right.  She made jokes that I would make, unlike other books where the characters are just too unbelievably funny.  I loved how these angel-bloods felt human.

And there's not much else to say.  I loved it all the way through.  I couldn't put it down and I cried.  What else can you ask from a reader?

Evaluation

Plot - 9/10 - I knew it had to be good

Way Plot Was Pursued - 9/10 - took turns I didn't expect

Characters - 10/10 - perfect as before

Style - 10/10 - I could read it again, the style is so easy to get into

Pace - 9/10 - just right


Would I recommend it? -  Yes, all three were excellent reads

Would I look up the author? - Yes, and I will


'Boundless' was everything I wanted and needed and more from the finale in the trilogy.


Molly Looby
Author / Editor / Blogger / Reviewer / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment