Saturday 19 July 2014

The Symbol, The Dream

So it's been a while since I wrote a blog post about me, hi! I thought this was too important not to share.

This week I quit my part time job to throw myself into writing full time.

Yes, I know!  I couldn't be more excited!  Now I can't wait to get up in the morning and I'm smiling and I'm happy.

I wrote about my freelance ghostwriting job a few posts back - quite a few if I remember rightly. And now I've got a freelance editing job too! I worked out that if I did more ghostwriting and editing - as much as I can - I will make more money than at my part time job. Millie's Cookies if anyone was wondering.

So as of this time next week I'll be living the dream! I'll no longer come home sweaty, smelling like cookies and hot and bothered. I won't have to listen to customers who have five brain cells. I won't have to clean an entire shop ever again.

Instead I'll be here, at my laptop, where I want to be at all hours.

And, even better, now I won't be so exhausted and I'll be able to write my own novels more, because I'll already be in the writing zone. I'll be in it all day! 

Everything's turning out okay. Five years of writing has done me good and as I suspected, no matter what my teachers told me, I didn't need a degree to do what I love. After only a few days of writing I knew that was what I wanted to do. It just took a while to become reality. But I'm okay with waiting. I waited for this and I'll wait for a publishing contract.

But never am I in any doubt. It's coming. I can almost feel it.

Wait, there's more. Just to make this occasion even more special, on the day I handed in my notice at Millie's I also booked my tattoo. They happened to have an opening the next day which I took. It was meant to be.


So here it is, the symbol I've been thinking about for two years now. The symbol of my writing. The symbol of my dreams.



A huge thanks to James Terry, my ever amazing cover designer for the design. I could never have done anything half that beautiful. And also to Immortal Ink in Chelmsford who made the whole thing a wonderful experience.


I'm ready for anything now. Bring it on.

Molly Looby
Author / Ghostwriter / Editor
molly.looby@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment