Tuesday 2 September 2014

Anthology 2013 - Chelmsford Writers

A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book

This anthology was put together by the people of Chelmsford Writers' Group, the writing group I belong to. We put it together for Christmas 2013 and it's taken me this long to read it! It's filled with short stories and poems about varying different things. Although for some reason, most of them are very dark.



My Review

It's not fair for me to write a proper review as each story and poem is different. Not to mention that I don't know a thing about poetry and that I myself am a stranger to short story writing as a craft.

But if you want something that's easy to pick up for a few minutes and put down again, this is the book for you. Because there are so many different stories and poems, if you're busy you can just pick it up, read a poem and put it down again in a very non-committing kind of way that I think we need sometimes in a book.

I read it in one day, almost in one sitting. It's great if you have an afternoon or evening you don't know what to do with.

I must mention my favourites because I think it would be rude not to:

Cuck00 - Jerry Beckett
Elizabeth - Paul Ebbs
Through the Looking Glass - Jane Bowers
Old Pals - Raymond Wallace
The Knowing - Dot Gumbi


Would I recommend it? Yes! Of course I would! Support us! I have a story in it as well and if anyone's interested. My entry is called Life's a Game and is very dark indeed.

It's on Amazon for only £4.99

I look forward to next year's! Though I don't have a clue what I'm going to put in . . .


Molly Looby
Author / Ghostwriter / Editor / Blogger / Reviewer / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment