Monday 4 January 2016

Liebester Award Nomination

A little while ago, quite a few months now (okay I'm lying, it's been over a year!), I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely Fairley Lloyd. Now you should be as confused as I was when I discovered this because, hey, I've never heard of such a thing. That's okay because Fairley explained it on her blog and I'm sure she won't mind if I steal a few paragraphs!

 Well, I took the time to do the research. It's pretty simple! 
In the words of We Loved Here

"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs."
There are only five rules for this:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

So now back to me, hi! Here are eleven things about me.

1. I'm an author who's been writing for six and a half years straight pretty much which has led to eleven books!
2. I've recently started up my own publishing company: Molten Publishing
3. I'm addicted to NaNoWriMo and plan to take part in it indefinitely.
4. I've almost got 50 books on my bookshelf I haven't been able to read yet. 
5. I'm more of a fangirl than I let on. But that's okay. It's okay to get so excited about something that it makes you crazy.
6. Since discovering Movellas almost three years ago I've been as involved with the community as possible and I still can't believe that there's such a nice writing community on the internet.
7. I've self-published four of my books.
8. I wrote a trilogy before I was eighteen years old and still believe this to be one of my greatest achievements to date.
9. I love zombies and even took part in a Zombie Run in 2012 which was awesome.
10. I love dogs and have lived with at least one from the age of five until two years ago. But I've only written dogs into two of my books.
11. I've written a book review for every book I've read for the past two and half years. Now I don't think I can stop.

Q&A

1. What's the number one thing you love about reading?

Disappearing from reality and imagining things that are impossible. George R. R. Martin said "A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once" and I don't think anyone's ever been more correct. 

2. Who is your favourite fictional character?

What an evil question! This depends on so much! Mayor Prentiss from the Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness is my most ultimate favourite character just because he's so well constructed. Caine and Diana from Michael Grant's GONE series are incredible. I want to be friends with Gaby from the Rephiam Series by Paula Weston. But I would love to meet Harry Potter, Katniss Everdeen, Tris Prior and Augustus Waters of course, who wouldn't?

3. Who is your least favourite fictional character?

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be because I like most characters, especially the bad guys. I guess I hated Julian from the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. I've just realised who my least favourite fictional character is and that's Daisy from Meg Rosoff's How I Live Now which I hated from start to finish.

4. Have you read a book/book series that you felt was underrated?

The Unearthly trilogy by Cynthia Hand was incredible and yet I've never heard of anyone else reading it. I have no idea why this is because I loved the entire thing. I read books one and two in three or four days!

5. Have you read a book/book series that you felt was overrated?

I read the first Vampire Academy book and thought it was just awful. Also How I Live Now, which I've already mentioned. I can't believe how much fuss that book made.

6. What's your favourite book genre?

 YA all the way.

7. Who is your favourite author?

I have a few: Carrie Ryan, for writing what she loves; Patrick Ness for taking me on crazy adventures; Michael Grant for all the action; and John Green for all the emotions.

8. What is your favourite book?

Evil question number two. My all time favourite books are The Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Dead-Tossed Waves and The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan.

9. How long does it take you to finish a book? (depending on it's length, of course.)

If I like the book, between two days and a week, regardless of its size. If I don't like it, possibly over a month.

10. Have you ever cried over a book? (If so, which one/ones?)

Okay, deep breath, here we go. Harry Potter, Mockingjay (The Hunger Games), Allegiant (Divergent), The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Before I Die, Life on the Refrigerator Door, LIGHT (GONE), The Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking), Hallowed (Unearthly), I Don't Want to Kill You (I Am Not a Serial Killer), Son's of Destiny (Darren Shan), The Book Thief, Raging Star (Dustlands) and probably a million more!

11. What book would you recommend that everyone should read?

This will have to be a list again. The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness, The Forest of Hands and Teeth Trilogy by Carrie Ryan, The Rephiam Series by Paula Weston and The Dustlands Trilogy by Moira Young.



That took longer than I thought! So here are the people I tag: 

Squonk (adventureswithsquonk), Chloe (poeticchances), Lily Anna (lilyannablog) and Georgia (storiesinbooks
(Unfortunately I don't know 11 bloggers so you have my permission to tag yourself!)


And here are your questions, they're all book related!

1. What book character do think is most like you?
2. Do you prefer the goodies or the badies and why?
3. Do you ever get annoyed when literary characters do stupid things? Do you have an example?
4. What book disappointed you most?
5. What book surpassed your expectations most?
6. What genre are you sick of?
7. What do you prefer to read, a long series or a stand alone novel?
8. Where's your favourite place to read?
9. Which fictional character would you like to meet?
10. If all the books in the world were getting destroyed and you could only save five, which five would those be and why?
11. Who's your favourite author that most people don't know of?



Sorry that took me so long to finish! This blog post has been in my drafts for over a year but finally I got round to it.

Thanks to all the amazing bloggers out there and everyone listening to them!



Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment