Tuesday 11 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 Post #3

Well, today is day 11 of NaNoWriMo and I've nearly finished. I know! Mental. I think I'm a tiny bit insane but that's okay. This is pretty much what my protagonist has been saying for a while now so I'm going to take a leaf out of her book.

I should start off by saying all hail the covered up word count! I have written way more than I ever dreamt of just by covering up my word count and writing for long periods of time. I realised it was becoming too much about what that number said so I swiftly took it out of the equation. It was the best decision ever. I have written a huge amount of words every day. It's crazy.

According to NaNoWriMo, I'm doing so well that I'm going to be at 50,000 in two days. Meaning that I've completed NaNo in half the allotted time.

What? How?

To answer that question, I'm not intirely sure. It's fantastic to have a rival to push you to your absolute limit. I know for a fact I wouldn't be nearly as far if I wasn't battling it out with Aunt Midnight Rogue on Movellas every day to see who's going to win second place in the NaNo race. The winner reached 50K in 10 days which is just . . . inhuman I'm pretty sure of it.

I enjoyed comparing myself to last year so here are last year's day 10 stats compared to this year.

2011 - ZA                             - 16,760
2012 - I Dare You                - 21,835
2013 - JAPOA/Fire and Ice - 20,951

2014 - Thereafter                 - 40,697

Yeah, I'm getting to the realm of double what I've usually written by this point. That's pretty damn scary.

I'm very lucky that we're on week two and I'm still in love with my story and characters. It's about this time that people want to kill their characters off because they're sick of being with them but I'm not having that problem. If anything I love my characters more with each day as I see more of them. I'm also on good terms with my plot. I'm not going to throw in the towel or mix it up because I've got week two blues. I'm in an excellent place in my story. I know that's down to how much of it is already written. I would most certainly be suffering from week two blues if I was still on some of the beginning stuff I'm past now.

For those of you competing, here's my NaNoWriMo page
Also, here's a link to my donation page to make the world a more creative place.

See you at 50K.

Molly
Wrimo

No comments:

Post a Comment