Monday 8 February 2016

Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake

A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book

*Sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood - read my review of Anna here!*

Cas is back! Everyone come read!

"Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-gets-sucked-into-Hell story."


My Review

It's been a whole year since I read Anna Dressed in Blood so it's about time I got stuck into Girl of Nightmares. It's an understatement to say I was excited. I adored Anna Dressed in Blood, it was one of the best books I read in 2015 and I was hoping Girl of Nightmares would be one of my favourite books of 2016 . . .

So far it is! Blake stood her ground and wrote another phenomenal story. Watch out, this is going to be a gush fest!


Honestly, I was hooked by the first sentence. I'm not even exaggerating. If anyone's considering reading it, here's the first sentence: 

"I think I killed a girl who looked like this once."

Go, go read it!

But seriously, spending time with these characters was an utter joy. It's hard to explain but the words and pages just rolled by so easily. I did not want to put it down and I couldn't stop turning pages.

As I reached the end, I felt like I was hyperventilating it was so intense. I was reading with trembling fingers and holding my breath. Just . . . whoa. Magic.

The only possible thing I could think of to criticise was the fact that the adverbs started to annoy me half way through. But that was it. I can't think of a single other thing to say!

Anyway, I loved it. Truly.


Evaluation

Overall 10/10

Would I recommend it? Yes! Just go and read it!

Would I look up the author? Yes! Put a few of Blake's books on my to-read list!

FAVOURITE BOOK OF 2016 SO FAR!

That's another one for the Molten Reading Challenge.

An impulse buy: Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake

Girl of Nightmares was breathless, intense, and phenomenal! 


Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment