Tuesday 18 November 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014 Post #4

Hello to week three! Week three's usually a favourite of mine and I'm glad it's finally here. I take back what I said on my last post, week two was hard, it just hadn't caught up to me yet. But I battled on. In fact, it got harder once I reached 50,000 words, maybe because some of the drive dwindled because I'd reached the target.

I reached 50K on day 12 which is a personal best and bloody amazing! That's an average of 4,000 words every day, something that I may never have the leisure of reaching ever again so I'm enjoying it now. I'm okay with the fact that this is probably going to be my personal best forever because I imagine every NaNo from now on is going to have obstacles such as life in the way. I didn't seem to have that pesky little problem this year. Lucky for you, I can't bombard you with stickers yet as you can't actually validate your word count until Thursday.
On day 12 I wrote almost 6,800 words to reach 50K, a daily word count which I'm pretty sure is my largest ever.

But good news, I'm still excited about my story and that's what carried me through week two and into week three. I had little wobbles at times wondering if it was good enough but I soon told myself that it didn't matter and to not judge it until, 1: I've finished it, and 2: I've read it from start to finish. So I'm not allowed to doubt myself anymore. That helps.

Let's look at some stats again. By the end of day 17:

2011 - ZA                             - 28,615
2012 - I Dare You                 - 38,908
2013 - JAPOA/Fire and Ice  - 37,571

2014 - Thereafter                  - 67,130

It's clear to see that this year I'm bossing it. This is shaping up to be the quickest book I've ever written! Insanity. 

My goal is to finish it today - day 18 - meaning I've written an entire (and not short) novel in two and a half weeks.

Why wouldn't a publisher want this?

My donation page. Make the world a more creative place!


Okay, gotta go finish my novel!

Molly
WriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment