Monday 21 March 2016

A Change of Direction

Hello,

It's me, Molly.

So I've been thinking about this blog and I think something needs to change. I set it up as a place to talk about writing and I almost never find myself talking about writing. Yes, I talk about books and that's great, but that's not really what I wanted to get out of this. I've realised this blog is becoming a list of book reviews.

And though I am both a book reviewer and an author (among a list of other things), only one of those job descriptions do I live and breathe.

So something needs to change.

I'm still going to write book reviews (I couldn't stop even if I wanted to, it's a curse) but they're going to have other homes. I might do a monthly or bi-monthly update of books I've read and post links to their reviews so interested parties can still find my reviews with ease. 

If I don't let myself post book reviews (or many at least) that really puts the pressure on to think of more interesting things to write about. Namely: writing, writing events, writing tips. And that might bring along more readers - yay! A more writerly audience is what I'm looking for as I'm always looking to connect with writer friends. We're a special breed and we need to stick together.

So just sit back and enjoy the new posts to come :)



Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment