Monday 23 May 2016

Week Nine - 'After' Book Three

Week nine. When I started, I had no idea I'd still be working on this book nine weeks later.

Just so you know, I'm not done yet. But I plan to be done this time next week. How exciting is that? There can't be more than four-five chapters left to write. Which is probably a good thing seeing as during week nine I hit 85,000 words.

I think I'll brush 95,000 words but not quite 100,000. These damn books keep getting longer and longer!

During week nine, I wrote over 16,500 words. That's more like it. I wrote more in a week this week than I have since week one, when I wrote a ridiculous amount of words!

Now that I'm so close to the end, I'm getting waves of nostalgia filling me up. This trilogy has only been in my life for about a year and a half, but I can't imagine life without it. These characters are so real to me that I'm a little disturbed about writing the ending! 

But at the same time, I can't wait to type that final full stop because this achievement is massive. Writing one book is hard enough, but three about the same characters? It's the most magical challenge I know. Who knows, maybe after this I'll give a longer series a go. Now that sounds terrifying.

Most of all though, I'm just looking forward to being able to read book three from the beginning because usually after all my stress and fuss, they turn out better than I expect. Plus, then I can get on editing books one and two now that I have all the information to make them perfect.

Exciting things are afoot. All I need to do is finish the book.

This week is going to be an incredible one.
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment