Wednesday 19 June 2013

My Words and My World

So, before we begin, a little about me I think.

So I've mentioned before that I'm an author.  I've been writing books for the past four years (since I was fourteen-years-old) and am on book number seven as we speak.

The first book I wrote is called 'Mattie' and is a novel length Twilight fanfic set twelve years after Breaking Dawn from the point of view of a new character, Ali-Rose.  I wrote it out of boredom but fell in love with the idea of writing stories forever, which is exactly what I'm going to do.
Here is a link to 'Mattie' if you ever fancy reading it: http://www.movellas.com/en/book/read/201302191833011716

So then from that I wrote a trilogy on vampires.  My vampires this time.  It was an exploration into what would happen if an average fifteen-year-old girl was turned into a vampire.  I never expected it to take up the next three and a half years of my life!  Although I did love every minute and every sentence. 

I decided to self-publish because the teenage vampire story market was pretty much full in traditional publishing, but even so, I wanted my turn.  I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy my story and not just me.
Including you guys!  The trilogy is 'The Immorality of Immortality Trilogy' and here is the website:
http://theimmoralityofimmortalitytrilogy.yolasite.com/playing-with-reality.php

Book One is called 'Playing with Reality' and is available in paperback and on kindle:


Paperback: http://amzn.to/121GV22

Kindle: http://amzn.to/15mfspQ

Book Two is called 'Gambling a Fairytale' and is available in paperback and on kindle:


Paperback: http://amzn.to/14LuJ6G

Kindle: http://amzn.to/193Vw2k

Book Three is called 'Chancing the Truth' and is written and awaiting my love and care before it meets its adoring public.

For the past two years I've also taken part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which for those of you who don't know is a challenge you set yourself in November: to write a novel.  Yes, just in November.  50,000 words in 30 days.  It's the most amazing writing experience out there, I'm sure.

Both years I reached the 50,000 words before midnight on the 30th of November, which makes me feel superhuman.  In 2011 I wrote 'ZA' (which stands for Zombie Armageddon) which is about, yes, you guessed it, the Zombie Armageddon.

Last year I wrote a dystopian novel titled 'I Dare You'.  In short, it's about Havengore, a city surrounded by huge boundary walls but no one knows why.  I'm sitting here struggling to describe it in a way that won't give everything away, so here's the blurb I wrote for the Movellas website (the first three chapters can be found there):

Havengore was the beginning and the end of the entire universe.  Yeah, like I could believe that.
Havengore is my world surrounded by a single boundary wall.  It's been there for generations, but don't ask us why, no one seems to know.  There must be something out there though right?  There must be a reason for it, I mean, it wouldn't just be there . . . would it?
Why?  That was what I wanted to know.  Just that:  why?  You’d think I’d be granted that.  It was the only question in the universe I needed to be answered, but no.  No one knew.  That was the extent of it.
What was out there?  Was there anything but nothingness?  What were we being protected from?  I’d sat up here for enough hours of my life to know that there was nothing as far as the eye could see.  So were we keeping something out?  Or were we being kept in?  Those were the questions of my life.  I pondered them here from atop the wall so often it was almost becoming routine.  But the most important was always: why? 

So there you go.  And speaking of Movellas, here's the first three chapter of 'I Dare You', my best novel to date (in my opinion).
http://www.movellas.com/book/read/201305201447131618

Right now, right this very minute, I'm in the middle of chapter three of my latest novel - novel number seven.  So far it's untitled but that's no surprise.  Titles are so difficult for me so I don't panic about them until I'm done.

So there you go, in as short as I could make it, that's me.  Not very personal, I know.  I'll leave that for another day.

Molly Looby
Writer / Editor / Ghost Writer / Writing Coach
Contact me on molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment