Monday 25 August 2014

Write a Blockbuster and Get it Published - Lee Weatherly and Helen Corner

This is going to be slightly different from my normal book reviews as this is a non-fiction book and I wouldn't call myself an expert in non-fiction. I'm afraid it's going to be quite short because I loved this book!

Write a Blockbuster and Get it Published is a book that gives you great advice about both the writing and publishing process.

Blockbuster shocked me in how easy it was to read. Usually books like this are full of jargon and it makes you nervous, but not this book. It was so easy to understand, even if you don't know what all these literary terms mean, making it accessible to everyone.

It was crammed with great tips and I particularly liked the 10 things to Remember at the end of each chapter. It's a brilliant way to sum up and drive the points home. It's also a good reference point to read back on when you need some advice or you're stuck. I have a feeling I'm going to pick this book up over and over again just to read specific parts I might need help on.

Most importantly it reminded me that I don't know everything about writing. No one does. It's a craft you never stop learning.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will pick it up again and again. I recommend it for anyone who's written anything.

Molly Looby
Author / Ghostwriter / Editor / Blogger / Reviewer / Movellian / ZA Ready

Contact me with any questions or chatter here: molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment