Monday 14 September 2015

The Fall of Five - Pittacus Lore

This is book four in the Lorien Legacies series - which I highly recommend - so if you don't want books 1, 2 and 3 spoilt, please don't read on!


A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book


The whole gang gets together at last!



My Review

Okay, out of all four of the Lorien Legacies books I've read so far, this was my least favourite, so it was sort of disappointing because the third one was my favourite. 

It felt too slow to start considering how fast and action-packed book three was. This had me struggling to get into it like the others that I could hardly put down.

It was also sometimes difficult to follow. Each book brings a new point of view. Book one was Four/John Smith then we added Marina/Seven in book two and Six in book three and now Sam. I'm not saying that I don't like these POVs. I actually think it's amazing that I like them all. But you can tell who is speaking at a glance based on the fonts used but now some of the fonts are similar and I had to really concentrate to figure out who was in charge. But during one scene, it jumped around so much I almost completely lost what was going on. It was such a shame because Lore's action sequences are usually so clear.

The ending was a bit boring to be honest with you. I've come to expect a certain level of wow with these books and this one just didn't pack as much of a punch. I got to the exciting part and I started turning pages and getting into it and then it ended. I was like, "oh . . . it's over?"

But even after all this, it was still great.



Evaluation


Overall 8/10


Would I recommend it? Yes. I love this series.

Would I look up the author? Yes. I will be reading book five as soon as I get my hands on it.



The Fall of  Five wasn't quite as good as its predecessors but it was still great.


Molly Looby
Author / Ghostwriter / Editor / Blogger / Reviewer / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment