Wednesday 31 July 2013

ZA stands for Zombie Armageddon

For those of you who are unaware, ZA stands for Zombie Armageddon, as the title of course suggests.  And just happens to be the title of one of my novels.  To celebrate the fact that it is almost time to unleash it to the world (just waiting on the front cover) I thought I'd give you a little bit of a back story.

ZA was my first go at NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which is the most exciting writing event of the year.  NaNoWriMo takes place every November and you have to write 50,000 words in 30 days to win.  I'm so pleased to say that during  NaNoWriMo 2011 I won with ZA.  See, here's the proof:
Nothing is as exciting as having to forget everything else and just write!

Check out NaNoWriMo here:  http://nanowrimo.org/

About the book itself.  Well, it follows Zane, my protagonist during, you guessed it, the ZA but with this twist.  The ZA starts off as a disease called Juvenile Virus which is primarily airborne and kills children under eight years old.  But one day it begins to spread to pregnant women and the death toll rises.  And then they start to wake up.

As well as Zane, we follow his girlfriend, Callie, her zombie expert brother, Jai, Callie's best friend, Gemma, Callie's parents and Zane's mum as they are forced to learn about, fight and kill the dead.  But for Zane, there's something worse than the ZA. 

His worst fear comes to life.


The blurb goes a little bit like this: 

The Zombie Armageddon . . . yeah I know.  How unlikely is it, right?
"There are no such things as zombies."
I've heard it all before but I'll never hear it again.
There are a few simple rules: Get supplies.  Stay hidden.  If they come, run.  Fast.
After all, this wasn't a video game and we only have one life each.

If you're not interested yet, how about this: It's going to be free!

Yes, ZA will be a free e-book download for your Kindle.

I hope I'm getting everyone excited.  I most certainly am.

So if you love zombies or horror, my writing, my blog, please help me out by 'liking' ZA's Facebook page and spreading the word.  I mean, why ever not?  It's going to be free!

ZA's Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/1ebltdE

I will be forever grateful.

Molly Looby
Author / Editor / Ghost Writer / Writing Coach

Got something to say, want me to do some freelance work or perhaps tell me something I don't know about writing (go on, test me!)?  Email me on: molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment