Tuesday 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013

This year I had a fair few ambitions.  Write a lot and read a lot.

I succeeded.

I read over 30 books this year which was better than the target of 26 that I gave myself.  I discovered some amazing books this year.  These ones have to be my favourite:

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion
Light - Michael Grant
Eve and Adam - Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Delirium - Lauren Oliver
Blood Red Road / Rebel Heart - Moira Young
Unearthly / Hallowed - Cynthia Hand
More Than This - Patrick Ness
Divergent / Insurgent / Allegiant - Veronica Roth

The absolute favourite winning my book of the year is 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth.  The film in 2014 better be good.  (It will never be good enough.)

Next year I'm looking forward to so many patient books on my shelf, one of which is 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green which I expect great things from.


Now on to the writing and editing side of my year which has been on fire!

I released two books this year.


'Gambling a Fairytale' the second book in my 'Immorality of Immortality trilogy'.
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gambling-Fairytale-The-Immorality-Immortality/dp/1481784137/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388338102&sr=8-1&keywords=gambling+a+fairytale


And 'ZA' my stand alone zombie novel.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZA-Molly-Looby-ebook/dp/B00ENK4FO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388338158&sr=8-1&keywords=ZA+molly+looby

I'm starting to create a real portfolio of books.  This year, as well as releasing two, I also wrote two.  One that is kinda about werewolves and another which is a tragic love story with a twist (what else but NaNo 2013.)  My grand total is now eight books in my four years of writing.

An ambition for next year is to reach ten books in five years and then I might slow down!

Oh yeah, I did some A'levels too.

And let's not forget that I was shortlisted for the Sony Young Movellist of the Year Award with my NaNo'12 novel 'I Dare You'!

And was also in the paper!

This year has been amazing.  But next year is going to be even better.  My loyal fans will enjoy the final instalment of the 'Immorality of Immortality trilogy', 'Chancing the Truth'.  And 'I Dare You' is also on my list for next year when I'll give it the love and attention it deserves.  

2014 is the year it's all going to happen.

Mark my words.


Molly Looby

Author at heart


molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment