Tuesday 18 August 2015

The Rise of Nine - Pittacus Lore

This is book three in the 'Lorien Legacies' series so please read with caution if you wish to read books one (I am Number Four) and two (The Power of Six).


A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book


Nine. That's all you need to know.


My Review

First, it must be said that I am in love with Nine. He is incredible and the more I got to know him, the more I loved him and wanted to know even more. One of the beautiful things about these books are the characters. I truly love all our protagonists - but of course Nine more than the others.

'The Rise of Nine' had a lot of action. The other books had loads but this was on another level. I think a good seventy percent was action. It was just so breathless I couldn't stop turning pages. But I'm used to that with the 'Lorien Legacies' books. However, I did want a little more interaction between the fantastic characters. Don't get me wrong, what interactions there were were excellent, I just wanted more of them. But what can I say? I'm a characters girl. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

All my points about book one and two still stand but this time I could fully appreciate all the different superpowers! I love superpowers, especially when they're written this well, with this much intensity. But who doesn't love superpowers, right?


Evaluation

Overall 9/10 - Nine, get it? But seriously, this is my favourite one in the series so far.

Would I recommend it? Yes, of course. I'm totally in love with these books.

Would I look up the author? Yes. I'm sad I don't have book four in front of me right now!


'The Rise of Nine' was action-packed, intense and breathless. Just what I expected.


Molly Looby
Author / Ghostwriter / Editor / Blogger / Reviewer / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly.looby@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment