Monday 18 April 2016

Week Four - 'After' Book Three

I got back into the swing of it this week, and my words came faster and better than last week. Thank goodness!

The goal I set myself each day for 'After' book three was 2,000 words. I'm now about 5,000 words behind that target. According to my chart, I should reach 62,000 words today, but I'll be happy with 57,000. I would've been closer but I let myself have yesterday off. I think one day off a week isn't too much to ask.

Sometimes you have to be strict with yourself. But this isn't one of those times.

So I wrote around 11,000 words last week which is nice and steady. It's not my best, (I've been known to write 30,000 words in one week before--I know, mental) but it's steady and that's all I'm looking for.

When I set my target, I didn't consider how insanely busy I was going to be working on getting ZA ready for its big release. In hindsight, I should've set my target to 1,000 words a day, which would've been more than achievable. But we live and learn, don't we?

As far as 'After' book three is concerned, it's going to be a lot longer than I imagined. I might even reach 100,000 words for the second time ever (though I nearly hit 100,000 words with one of the ZA drafts).

We'll see. Bring on week five!


Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment