Monday 4 April 2016

Week Two - 'After' Book Three

As expected, week two is much more difficult than week one.

I spent much of this week hating every word, wondering why I didn't just throw in the towel and write something else. My other half asked me why I didn't just skip my words for a day. But if I don't do if for one day, what makes me do it the day after that and after that and after that? Next thing I know it'll be three years later and I'll still be no further on. No. Not writing isn't me. In fact, the idea terrifies me.

So I battled on, making myself write 2,000 words a day.

Let me tell you, that's not easy when you find yourself writing a scene of faff and you know you're 90% likely to cut it in editing. As an inexperienced writer, I never had this problem. Ah, the easy days.

The second half the week was much easier, thank goodness, and I'm getting excited about where the story is going again.

This week I managed 18,000 (almost 19,000) words.

I'm now 3,000 words behind where I was writing Book Two (Hereafter).
And a massive 23,000 words behind Book One (Thereafter). But like I said last week, Thereafter was filled with NaNo madness.

Just got to keep chugging along!


Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment