Monday 7 November 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 Post #1



Here we are Wrimos, NaNoWriMo 2016!

I've been waiting for this for months, and it's finally here!

However, I didn't get off to the start I imagined. I've wanted to start this book for what feels like a long time now, so I thought I'd write a load on day one. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Almost every word had to be forced out of me. At one point I stopped and said, "I'm supposed to be good at this."

The good news is, as I stand now, I'm ahead of 3 of my past 5 NaNoWriMo counts at this point.

The thing I learnt this week was to stop looking at other people's word counts. Some people are just superhuman. I am human. And that's okay.

So today before writing, I stood at 14,254 words, and that's perfectly good thank you very much!

Fingers crossed I can keep this up during the dreaded week two!



Read my NaNoWriMo Pep Talk on Movellas!



Molly Looby
Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Molly! I am blogging on Wordpress, but so far I have only created a blog post talking about the Twitter experience I have enjoyed through the first week of NaNo. I might try two or three posts, but only if I get my words for the day on my WIP. I would love to know more about your WIP if you care to share. If not I totally understand as I am super-protective about mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing a YA fiction novel about a girl who hunts demons. That's about as much as I can say without it getting complicated!
      What genre are you writing in? :)

      Delete