Monday 21 November 2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 Post #3



Week three, the enemy of all writers. I don't remember feeling it this hard for a few years, but this year hit me. Hard. Week three put me in a slump. Every day was a struggle. Every day I didn't want to write at all, not even a page. But every day I made myself because I'm a writer, and that's what we do.

So I battled on, starting to hate this stupid book. But then something amazing happened. I reached 50,000 words. And then everything didn't seem so bad.

I say it all the time, but I'm going to repeat it. The only thing that makes you a writer is writing. And the only way to get better is to write more. NaNoWriMo is the perfect opportunity to teach yourself this. Being a writer means writing every day, even if you don't want to. You have to make yourself, because this is what you do.

Don't worry, some days it'll be fun!

Now to finish the novel. Not sure I can get that final full stop in before the end of November, but NaNo has been won for another year, so I can sleep easy.


Author / Editor in Chief at Molten Publishing / Freelance Editor / Writing Coach / Reviewer / Blogger / Wrimo / Movellian / ZA Ready
molly@moltenpublishing.co.uk

Visit me on Facebook / Twitter LinkedIn / Movellas NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment